A friend sent this to me and I thought it was hilarious. We all certainly need some levity while we struggle with this important issue.
Same-Sex Wedding Etiquette
A couple of things you should know before the same-sex wedding.....
1) On the day of a gay wedding, it's bad luck for the two grooms to see each other at the gym.
2) Superstition suggests that for good luck the couple should have: Something bold, something fierce, Something trashy, something dirty.
3) It's customary at gay and lesbian nuptials for the parents to have an open bar during the ceremony.
4) Gay wedding tradition dictates that both grooms refrain from eating wedding cake because it's all carbs.
5) It's considered bad luck for either of the grooms to have dated the priest.
6) During the first dance, it's considered unlucky to use glow sticks, flags, whistles or handheld lasers.
7) For good luck at the union of a drag queen, the bouquet is always thrown in the face of a hated rival drag queen.
8) A local saying from colonial Northampton: A lesbian who owns a horse will never tell a lie, But a lesbian who votes Republican will leave you for a guy.
9) The wedding singer is not allowed to play/sing Let's hear it for the boy, YMCA or I will Survive.
10) The father of the Bottom pays for everything!