Tuesday, August 10, 2004

A Tale of Two Cities

Well, the craziness of consolidating two households into one is subsiding somewhat. We still have a ton of stuff to do, but Peter has been wonderful about helping get things organized and set up. This time of year is one of the busiest for me at work and he's been a wonderful support of helping me stay sane during this whole time.

Internet access at the house has just recently been achieved, although I haven't had much time to post anything in any case. I was about to post something the other day during a lunch break, but became distracted and now I've lost the material that I was contemplating.

It's a fun and exciting time for Peter and me. We're finally starting our life together after five years of knowing each other and dating off and on with the last two years a fully committed relationship. We seem to both be in a good place in all sense of the phrase, and I hope that continues to be true.

The parentals are doing a bit better, but things are not as good as they could be. I hope things look better for them soon.

I cannot even begin to thank the wonderful people who took a great deal of time, effort, and energy to help us accomplish the move of two apartments in two different cities in two days: Turi, Carla, Anne, Leslie, Casey, Allan, Valencia, and last, but certainly not least, my little sis. These people went beyond being simple labor for us (and they all worked their butts off), but emotional support as well. Thanks to each and every one of you from the both of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Such wonderful news. Cherish every memory, enjoy this time, the fresh newness of starting a life together. Congratulations!

GA - Keith
GayAmerican.org

Anonymous said...

Ten days, no comments (sigh) you'd better at least be enjoying time off drinking foofy tropical drinks and having your toes massaged by cute island boys somewhere.

Keith
GayAmerican.org